This blogpost is about some computer related things I did in 2016:
- tested Freedombox on a Raspberry Pi 2
- flashed OpenWrt to an old router
- Installed Debian on my “new” old desktop Computer I could take home from work.
- I preordered NextThings C.h.i.p. and wrote two posts about it.
- backed Runcible kickstarter
- backed EOMA68 kickstarter
- wrote some GPG encrypted mail with FSF email bot Edward
- I configured mutt and started to use it as console mail client.
- configured RSS-feeds with tiny tiny rss on a shared hosting server and read them locally with newsbeuter.
- GIF screencasts (I did some testing and the howto-post — but no GIF screencasts so far)
- tested Tor browser on debian stable
- switched to VimFX as a Pentadactyl replacement.
- for testing purposes I started a journal (parobalth-journal) as a soup.io group but I am not really satisfied.
- wrote some decent blogposts (for example: Note your last command, Vim: Run current line or Thoughts about NextThings C.h.i.p.)
To sum it up I believe it was a pretty good year hard- and software wise. I am quite happy what I managed to do this year. Everything else is cancelled and postponed for 2017. 2016 is over.
I still have a lot of drafts, ideas and (unfinished) projects for 2017. Stay tuned and Happy New Year!
If you have any questions, suggestions, thoughts and comments please feel free to email me.
License of this blog post:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.